Child Behavior and Safety Guidelines
Due to our concern for your child's safety and well being, we ask that you and your children observe the following:
- Children 10 years old and younger must be supervised at all times by a parent or adult caregiver.
- Children under the age of 13 may use computers in the Adult Department ONLY if a parent is sitting with them.
- Running around the building, jumping from stairways and furniture, climbing the outside of stairways, riding up and down in the elevator, playing with grocery carts, playing on or misusing computers, or any other disruptive behavior by children while in the Library will NOT be tolerated.
- Children who do not behave responsibly while in the Library may be asked to leave.
- If unaccompanied children are present at closing time, the Library cannot be responsible for their safety and the Police Department will be contacted.
The Library is not a childcare provider but a public institution and is not responsible for unattended children.
NOTE: Unaccompanied children who need access to Federal depository materials should ask at any service desk for assistance.